Duration : 2 years,
Number of Seats : 25 Each
Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
This is a post graduate programme designed to prepare nurses for leadership position in nursing and health fields who can function as nurse specialist, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide varieties of professional settings in meeting the national priorities and the changing needs of the society. This programme provides an opportunity to post masteral programmes in nursing and doctoral studies in nursing. Further the programme encourages accountability and commitments to life long learning which fosters improvement of quality nursing care to individual and groups in need.
To fulfill the requirement of above nursing courses and our college has well equipped faculty, classrooms and laboratories in the college i.e., Nursing foundation, Medical surgical nursing, Child health nursing, Obstetrics and gynecology nursing, Community health nursing, Nutrition, Computer labs and well furnished library with adequate different titles of books on nursing
A Candidate Seeking Admission Shall Have :
- Passed B.Sc Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc in Nursing degree or Post Certificate B.Sc Nursing of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka (RGUHS), or any other University expected as equivalent by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
- Minimum of one year of experience after obtaining B.Sc Nursing (Basic) in a Hospital or in Nursing Educational Institution or Community Health setting. For candidate with Post Basic B.Sc in Nursing degree no such experience is needed after graduation.
- Registered in State Nursing Council as registered Nurse and registered Midwife /psychiatric Nurse.
Criteria for Selection of Candidates :
The selection shall be based on merit judged on the basis of aggregate of marks obtained in the University examination Ist year to Final year Basic B.Sc nursing or post Basic B.Sc Nursing and marks obtained in the selection test.
Educational visit 2 Weeks
*Clinical Speciality – Medical Surgical Nursing (Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Nursing, Critical care Nursing, Oncology Nursing, Neurosciences Nursing, Nephro - Urology Nursing, Orthopedic Nursing, Gastro Enterology Nursing) Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing, Paediatric (Child Health) Nursing, Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing, Community Health Nursing, etc.
Students have to maintain log book for each activity during the course of study.
- List Of Subjects - Ist Year
- Nursing education
- Advance Nursing Practice
- Nursing Research and Statistics
- *Clinical Speciality – I
- Self Study / Library
- List Of Subjects - 2nd Year
- Nursing Management
- Nursing Research (Dissertation)
- *Clinical Speciality – II